Dr. Rakesh Gupta has been providing interventional pain management and anesthesia services in the South Jersey area for the past 20 years working at the busiest and most prestigious hospitals. After completing Medical College in India, Dr. Gupta continued his training in the U.S. completing a fellowship at Yale University and an internship at Hartford Hospital in Connecticut.
Dr. Gupta carried out his anesthesiology training at New York Medical College followed by a fellowship in Pain Management at the world renowned Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York. During this fellowship training, Dr. Gupta worked with pioneers in the field of interventional pain management.
Dr. Gupta has continued learning and growing in this field by attending multiple workshops and courses since completion of his official training in order to apply the latest in therapies for the care of his patients.
Dr. Gupta lives in Medford, NJ with his wife and three children and enjoys golfing, reading and travelling in his free time.
Dr. Gupta's additional accolades :
- Board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Management.
- Fellowship trained in Pain Management at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, NY.
- 20 years experience in Pain Management in South Jersey.
- Principal Investigator in multiple medication and medical device clinical studies in the field of Pain Management.
- Author of multiple publications in Anesthesiology and Interventional Pain Management.
- Member of Advisory Boards for various pharmaceutical companies.
- Speaker Bureau member- (past) King Pharmaceuticals Covidien Pharmaceuticals Archimedes Pharmaceuticals Pfizer Pharmaceuticals.
- Chief, Section of Interventional Pain Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology, Virtua Memorial Hospital.
- President, Medical Staff, Virtua Memorial Hospital
- Secretary, Indian Cultural Center, Marlton, NJ
- Licensed in New Jersey and New York -Fluent in English, Hindi and Punjabi.
- Member of American Medical Association
- Member of American Academy of Pain Medicine
- Member of Spine Intervention Society(SIS)
- Member of American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin.
- Ex-.President; Association of Indian Professionals.